Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yesterday, I went with Dad, his aunt and his cousin to the commissioning ceremony for the USS North Carolina. It was really interesting. After the ceremony we went to the Battleship North Carolina and walked around looking at it. I never knew that so many people would be interested in a naval vessel. It was like all of Wilmington was there.

After I got home we had our Beltaine festival. That went really well. Everyone that was here had really good spirits and was in unusally good moods. The atmosphere was very jovial and no one seemed to get mad about anything or at anyone. After the ceremony, we had snacks and drinks.

Today, we are cooking a good southern meal: fried chicken, cabbage with boiled potatoes, creamed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, fried squash, cornbread and corn. Brint, Miranda and Raven are coming over to help take down the Maypole and make Yule logs out of it.

Mackenzie is seven weeks old now. She is growing really fast. She is one of the cutest babies that I have seen. She weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces now.

No comments: